Friday, August 28, 2009

Blogs I've read, part deux

The two blogs I read were from guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog and homercat.blogspot.com. The first is a more professional music blog set up for an online periodical. One entry that caught my attention here reported on the fact that several car companies were in the talks with Bob Dylan to make him the voice of their GPS navigation systems. The article and following comments then proceeded to make several jokes about the GPS being indecisive, speaking in riddles, having "One More Cup of Coffee" before you go, taking you to "Desolation Row," etc. Another entry here that caught my attention talked about "Albums You Love from Genres You Hate." The various albums covered included ACDC's "Back In Black," Genesis' "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway," and The Zombies' "Odessey and Oracle." And no, "Odessey" is not a typo, at least not on my part.
Homercat's blog was much less professional, and more along the lines of the writer talking about various albums he enjoyed. He would give a brief history of each album he covered, and then explain why he enjoyed it. Albums he covered that stuck out to me were Cheap Trick's "One On One," "Stormwatch" by Jethro Tull, and Billy Idol's often discounted "Cyberpunk" album. It actually made me want to check some of the albums covered out.

No comments:

Post a Comment